Besides the banana muffin recipe, we often bake these carrot muffins for our breakfast club/after school program.
[Yield: 10 muffins]
145g neutral oil (3/4 cup)
205g sugar (1/2 cup)
185g all purpose flour (1 cup + 1/2 cup)
pinch sea salt
2.5g cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
1.5g baking powder (1/4 teaspoon)
3.5g baking soda (1/2 teaspoon)
240g carrots shredded finely (3 medium)
crumb topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F with 2 fans.
2. Wash, peel and grate carrots.
3. Sift all dry ingredients together.
3. In a stainless steel bowl, whisk sugar and oil together.
4. Whisk in one egg at a time.
5. Next, whisk in shredded carrots.
6. Whisk/fold in dry ingredients in two stages.
7. Line muffin trays with muffin liners, Using a #20 scoop (2 oz volume or yellow handle), scoop batter into lined muffin trays.
8. Sprinkle crumb topping on top (optional)
9. Bake in a convection oven 350°F with 2 fans for 18-20 minutes.