Microwave Beet Sponge
(Recipe adapted from John Placko & Albert Adria)
50ml beet juice
2 N2O charges
- ISI siphon (something like this, for example)
- N2O charges
- paper cups (unlined)
1. Process all ingredients in a blender.
2. Strain mixture into ISI.
3. Close and charge with two N20 charges.
4. Refrigerate for 12 hours.
5. Poke small slits in the walls and bottom of the paper cups to allow steam to escape.
6. Dispense batter halfway into a prepared paper cup(s).
7. Microwave for 40 seconds on high.
8. Remove cake cups and turn upside down to cool to maintain volume.