Photo Credit: Ruth Skiba
Recipe Adapted from Farmer Karin
2 cups of water
2 cups of white distilled vinegar
1 green chili pepper
4 tablespoon sea salt
4 teaspoon sugar
1. In a sauce pot, combine all ingredients, except tomatillos, and bring to a boil.
2. Carefully pour hot liquid over tomatillos in sterile jars.
3. Place the lids on the jars and close fingertip tight. (Alternative to sealing the jars, you can cool the mixture and and vacuum seal it.)
4. Place the jars in the pot of water – water should be one inch below the top of the jars. Bring the water to a boil, once the water reaches a full rolling boil, boil the jars for 10-15 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and remove jars with lifters or tongs.
Note: This is a basic pickle recipe that we often use. If you are making refrigerated pickles, you can have a 1:2 ratio between vinegar to water.